Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
As a Java Developer, you will be part of the core product development team and responsible for taking technical ideas and concepts and contributing to the overall solution design, architecture, and development efforts associated with mobile and full-stack applications. You will be responsible for developing new features and projects for our primary product, Ignition, as well as have a hand in product maintenance and improvement. Remote positions are available.
If you are looking for a work environment where creativity and collaboration are encouraged, new ideas are valued, and opportunities for development and growth abound, then this is an ideal position for you.
What will you do?
- Be independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects or features including engineering design and development
- Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
- Work with team members and adjacent teams to solve problems
- Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
- Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for reported issues
- Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related study and 2+ years of Java programming experience, OR 4+ years of Java programming experience
- Object-oriented design experience
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Git
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: Java Concurrency / Multithreading, Swing or JavaFX, Networking protocols, Security, including cryptography, certificates, and identity providers, Mobile application development (iOS and/or Android)
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Benefits and Perks
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.