We’re seeking a Technical Writer! The Technical Writer is responsible for creating clear and concise, original technical content for our public facing documentation. The Technical Writer also collaborates with other divisions during the planning, development, testing and distribution of technical content.
About Inductive Automation
Inductive Automation is an innovation company. We are champions for industrial automation software and we believe in building sensible solutions that provide value for our customers.
Our workforce shares a passion for technology. We’re on a collective mission to enhance industrial operations with some sweet software and infuse workplaces with easy-peasy processes. In fact, our mission statement is to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles.
We also care greatly for our teams who develop and deliver those solutions, and we believe they deserve our full support. That's why diversity, fun, and open-mindedness are ingrained into our work culture. We find this work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives.
About the Role
The Technical Writer's skills, qualifications, and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Creating clear and concise original technical content; frequently taking somewhat abstract concepts and grounding them in relatable language that doesn’t lose its technical impact
- Understanding our audience and developing content for them
- Communicating professionally and technically with Software Engineering and other internal subject matter experts
- Staying current with new technologies and practices in technical communications by practicing professional societies and reviewing research on a regular basis
- Combining internal sources with relevant external information to produce original content
- Improving readability by visually assessing and adjusting technical documents for style and format
- Creating content for our entire suite of information products, including: the User Manual, Training Manual, Knowledge Based Articles, Process Manual, etc.
- Understanding Ignition user interfaces and recognizing general terminology; staying current with software updates that impact delivery of written content
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Training Content Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English with a technical writing emphasis, or Computer Science with on the job technical writing experience. OR certificate in Technical Writing with experience producing successful work. (See below for required experience)
- 2+ years of successful technical writing
- Familiarity with a coding language (Python, Java, C++, etc.)
- Experience with written content editing software: Word, Confluence, Framemaker
- Positive interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to complete Ignition Core Certification within a month of hire
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Benefits and Perks
Inductive Automation, LLC is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and status as a protected veteran or individual with a disability. Verification of US employment eligibility required.
Discover the Perks
It’s simple: We pay 100% of your employee health plan—medical, dental and vision.
Find Your Balance
We want everyone to have a healthy work/life balance – that's why you get paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Our kitchen is always fully stocked with water, coffee, tea, soda, and every flavor of La Croix you can imagine.
Flex Your Time
Use flextime to make a schedule that fits your needs.
Start with Fresh Fruit Monday
Get a healthy start to your week by grabbing a piece of fruit in the cafe.
End with Snack Friday
We won’t send you into the weekend hungry, grab a snack in the cafe every Friday afternoon.
From standing desks to collaborative alcoves, find your ideal workspace.
Escape Your Workspace
Challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard or foosball.
Every Spring you'll get a Golden Poppy Pass to explore the outdoors and discover 100+ destination parks.
Take in the View
Our new building is located on Lake Natoma in Folsom.
Go for a Ride
Grab an IA bike and hit the American River Parkway—it’s just a few feet from our backdoor.
Work from Home
Remote work is available for most of our open positions.